Thursday, April 18, 2013

Write as if no one is reading

Even though I still know exactly how many people I gave the link to this blog, I found myself controlling what I wanted to write more and more the past few days. Of course I did a bit of promoting elsewhere, whether we talk about links on my YouTube channel or when I make a answer on another blog, but whoever gets on my blog through that, seems to be interested in whatever I produced to get them here, so it's a completely different. The thing is I just happen to worry too much about what others may or may not think of me.

Whenever I started writing a post in my head lately, I found myself censoring little things that I was insecure about, especially due to some people being able to read this. I didn't think that the general topic was bad, but more about what I reviled about myself and maybe others could be used against me. Of course I don't want to offend anyone in general, but if you built your opinion about me solely from what you read on here I don't have to fear anything, because it means that right now, I don't know you. What made me scared was the fact that it could change the opinion some have about me, namely of people that I see on a regular basis, or even worse, of people whose opinion I care about.

It shouldn’t be solely orientated about people I know, it should also be about people I don't know yet.. Right now, on this date, I get about 2-3 page views a day. It's not much, but at the end of a month it adds up to a nice number. It means that I might have people actually interested in my writing, and not part of a "friendship support" as I like to call it.

The thing is, here I can express myself. I don't promote this blog on Facebook, and whenever I share it with someone I explain certain posts. Some months ago I wrote about me feeling sad a lot. I was scared that my friends could take that one post wrong, that they might start to worry about me, even though there was nothing for them to be afraid of. Lately I thought about different things. For example about me sharing my opinions on Christianity or just simply, repeat a conversations I had with friends. The thought that one of those people reading would find my conclusions weird, or wrong, made me insecure about my own writing, which I really shouldn’t be.

I want to become better at writing and in order for that I need to practice it in any form. This blog is a great chance for that, but it's also a way to get to know myself a little better.

This whole thinking lead to one thing, namely a Quote by Souza “Dance as though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth.” This may sound simple, and even worse, childish, but since I heard it the first time I loved it. I want to do that. I want to be known as a person who is straight forward. I want to be able to express my opinions on here, because this is the place where I have absolute power ;).

To sum this all up, the content on here won't change; this was just a little inside into my head. On the other hand I wanted to reassure myself that is ok for me to talk freely. And last but not least, if you are a friend of mine reading this and something seems utterly strange to you, then just tell me in person and I have absolutely no reason to even worry about that. (Oh and I don't say you gave me reasons to worry, I just did it anyway).

Cheerio  

No comments:

Post a Comment