Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The truth comes out eventually

Sometimes I feel like I only post here to make myself feel a tad less insecure about myself and to confirm that I'm not an awful human being. That's why I want to talk about a huge part about my personality, meaning the fact that I like to say things straight to people.

So at first I wanted to be honest with people because in the bible it says, you should not lie. But I'm not the person to just listen to such a rule; I could never make it without a good reason. When time passed I found several reasonable ones. 

Firstly, I really want my friends to know me for who I am, for example they need to know how much I love them, that's why I love to tell them, like to hug them and to complement them. I appreciate those people so much and I'm grateful to have them, that's as easy as it gets. On the other hand I want them to just know me, for me to be real, so sometimes I show too much I guess.

Secondly, I'm not the person to keep stuff down. When I had a crush on my best friend and I couldn't tell him, it was terrible for me. I used to get sick whenever he told me something about a girl he liked because I couldn't handle it, but on the mean time I had to be the cheering, bubbly best friend. That was so hard and sometimes I really wanted to hit the wall with my head, or even better, I got sick from hiding it. Yes I've spent several month having the urge to puke every time I even thought about being in any non-friendship relationship with that guy, just because he hurt me so much and I had to keep that all down. So now I have to confirm I've never been so relieved about telling someone something, as I was when I confessed to him that I used to have feelings for him (even though by that time I was completely over him, I still really needed to tell him.)

Thirdly, my father had a problem with someone once. About two years before I was born, my father was at a camp and somebody did something and he was not pleased about it. But instead of going to that woman and tell her "uhm sorry, but I'm mad at you because what you did was stupid" and her being mad afterwards too and them both knowing what was going on and finally, getting over it, he sucked it up. He never talked to that person again, and it's been twenty years. As it was a church camp it ended in him, a) losing his faith and b) starting to drink heavily. Maybe you can see why saying this out loud is so important to me.

I really wish I could say that I only tell good things, or that  at least I know how to say negative things the best, but most of the time I have no freaking idea how to say it properly. Usually it's just me being awkward, telling weird stuff and making a fool out of myself while creating a conflict where there wasn't one before. It's not always good, it's hard a lot of times, but I prefer being an open book. It makes it easier for me to survive knowing that I have friends who accept me with every flaw I have, that there is no need to hide my true color, as the song says.

To end this I really think that in a world where a lot of things are shallow, a little bit of truth adds zest to life, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment