Saturday, March 9, 2013

I messed up a little, so let's give up

As the title says, I just found out that my first commandment wasn't really one; it was just a phrase kind of introducing the commandments. I didn't know that, I thought it belonged to them, but then there would be eleven. Of course now I could just go back and delete that post, but I put some work into it and I'd rather edit in the fact that I misunderstood it, than to delete it completely. 

The thing is I don't see much point in continuing the series proper anyway. I'm bored by it and my brain is filled with ideas for other topics and I kind of go nowhere by writing about those bible texts, as I have little knowledge of them all. I'd much rather not finish the project, though I said I wanted to stay committed towards it.

When I read the next verse, on which I should be commenting today, I decided that it wasn't worth it anymore. 


8Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. (genesis 20, 8-


I don't respect neither the Sabbath (which starts on Friday evening to Saturday evening), nor Sunday. Yes I go to church on Sundays, but I do not rest, I do the stuff I usually do, I enjoy my life, and when I used to go to school I did my homework then, which is work, and thus should not be done on a holy day. That kind of was the final straw. 

I initially made the series for the commandment that said "honor your parents" but I had some fun with the first ones, and the topic is now over. 

Await a post on a different matter in some days, hopefully tomorrow or the day after

Sorry for not being committed, but barely anyone has read those so...

No comments:

Post a Comment