Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The joy of an old beginning

It's been a while.

By now I know that this nook of the internet will be completely unread. Which is fine. I started out with a blank page, and I will keep up that blank page, fill it with my brain, open for people to see if they stumble over it, but probably invisible.

I recently started doing a couple things again that I used to love. I picked up my diary for the first time in almost 2 years, started reading it, laughed and cried about what has happened in the last 9 years and then it hit me. I missed sharing.

I am naturally an oversharing person. Sorry not sorry for that. I am talkative and I wished a gazillion times to be less annoying, but that isn't happening. I overshare in my diary and I used to overshare online, especially on this blog. But then, having few to none readers helped with that. Recently however, after going through my things again, I started having thoughts again. Ofc, this is still my little nook of the internet that a max of 5 people read (I used to love reading my stats). It will remain that, which is fine.

But after reading my old notes today I struggled all of a sudden to keep my thoughts that locked up anymore. I read a text I wrote almost 4 years ago. It was about Peter, one of the closest people to Jesus. And reading my 21 year old self's words had me kinda baffeled. I was impressed by what I read and then I wondered what had happened those past years to make me stop sharing here at all. Of course I didn't stop talking, but I did stop my way of collectin thoughts, which was online and through my diary. So: I want to go back. I want to go back to my little nook of the internet. Where I share. I know that big data is a thing. I know I want to protect who I am, but I also know that I am a person that likes to write, somehwat publicly.

Basically this means I am reopening this thing. It means that I might write more again. That's all the promisses I can make now. To possibly write more, to reopen my nook of the internet. And maybe, I can find the wisdome of my 21 yearold self again, and add to it 4 more years of experience. Just for me. Just as a little writing excercise. We'll see where this leads.

Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment